January 2023 – Spring Flag Registration will open
Early March – Registration will close, teams will be formed, and parents can expect to hear from their coach
March 6th – Practices can begin
March 21st - Season schedules will be released
April 8th – First season’s games at Legacy Park Football Fields
*All games will be on Saturdays unless rained out. We move games to the following day (Sunday) when we can.
May 13th or 20th – Last games of the season will be played
*We are introducing Spring Playoffs (2nd-7th)
Our Lee's Summit Spring Flag Football program is excellent for kids starting out or continuing to learn the fundamentals of football from Pre-K to 7th grade. Kids will learn offensive and defensive schemes, how to throw, catch, and run routes while working as a team in a positive, safe, and structured environment.
While almost every league in the Metro area offers 5 on 5 Flag, Lee’s Summit is unique in running a 7 on 7 version using the full width of a football field to give the game more of a “real football” feel.
Our coaches are USA Football Certified and background checked. As a recreation league, coaches will work to evenly play their players and make everyone feel as if they have a significant impact on the team while fostering a fun and exciting environment.
*LSFA is big on team consistency and continuity between coaches and players and existing members of teams will return to their previous coach in most situations. Since Spring registrations are typically 25% lower than Fall Flag Football, NEW Spring players may not return to their coach in the following Fall season, but we will still do our best to match them to their public elementary school zone (1a), high school zone (1b), or nearest coach with available roster space (2) per our formation rules which increases the odds of Fall roster matches.
Please visit our FAQs Page for more Q&A.
The LSFA board is working diligently to improve the Flag Football experience. Being a recreational league in a naturally competitive sport, finding a balance of creating a fun and safe environment and teaching the fundamentals of football to Lee’s Summit youth is a tough task. Your voices have been heard and we are working through the following topics…
(1) Working with officials to improve consistency and rule book knowledge grade level to grade level.
(2) New Scoreboards! (Purchased and received) *This should fix issues with boards occasionally going down during games and help the officials start games on time. *Battery powered to keep noise down and no more clutter from our generators.
(3) Addition of Spring Flag Playoffs – This would be a lite-version of our Fall model.
(4) Discounts and a shorter season for Kindergarten and Pre-K families (including 1st-grade for Spring)
(5) New coaches’ training – We want to better prepare new coaches/teams in our league and existing coaches who want tips from the league’s best coaches on how to run practices, create game plans, and more while keeping things fun and informative.
(6) New accountability system to enforce minimum touch/rotation rules. Parent/coach reporting system and follow-up process.
(7) Improve our website for easier access to material, topics, and announcements.